The Thirty Minute Blogger

Exploring Books and the Writer's Life, Faith and Works, Culture and Pop Culture, Space Science and Science Fiction, Technology and Nostalgia, Parenting and Childhood, Health: Physical and Emotional ... All Under the Iron Hands of the Clock and That 30 Minute Deadline

Monday, August 2, 2010

Sloggin' Thru Blogging: Are You Kidding Me?!

As luck would have it, after learning the blog hadn't produced squat in terms of sales in the past year, I received marketing advice of a blog related sort. The grand poobah of marketing said, "For blogging success, you need to blog every day! It's the only way!"

ARE YOU KIDDING ME?! I've got a life, family, work, and seminary to contend with. Exactly what pearls of wisdom are supposed to usher forth every day?! I'd be quickly reduced to babbling on about my meals, TV habits, and the dog's bowel movements. Surely those aren't the sort of topics that will draw an appropriate crowd for my book. Please tell me those aren't topics that will actually draw a crowd!!!

I've followed a lot of blogging advice and changed the blog in a number of ways, but this is a real stretch. Well, to even come close, the four categories up for discussion so far are going to have to go out the window. We're going to have to broaden the scope a lot to even come close. So, not that I expect I'll get a response, but what do you folks out in the mighty blogosphere want to hear about ... within reason.

Strange business blogging ... and marketing. Strange business indeed.

No comments: