The Thirty Minute Blogger

Exploring Books and the Writer's Life, Faith and Works, Culture and Pop Culture, Space Science and Science Fiction, Technology and Nostalgia, Parenting and Childhood, Health: Physical and Emotional ... All Under the Iron Hands of the Clock and That 30 Minute Deadline

Sunday, August 22, 2010

There's Nothing New ...

When I wrote "How Not To Be Eaten" I had no idea how many other people were writing on the same subject. Then I stumbled online across:

  1. How Not To Be Eaten by a Duck
  2. How Not To Be Eaten by Aliens
  3. How Not To Be Eaten: The Biology and Chemistry of Arthropod Defenses
  4. How Not To Be Eaten Alive by Message-board Sharks
  5. How Not To Be Eaten by a Thin Cow
And on and on and on. I had no idea this was such a burning topic. So, now added to the list is how not to be eaten by a lion, courtesy of Henry M. Stanley and brought to your attention by myself.

However, in using this title, I was paying homage to the ever popular Monty Python skit, "How Not To Be Seen." I wonder how many of these other authors were doing the same?

And here, for your viewing pleasure, is a link to How Not To Be Seen: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zekiZYSVdeQ

No comments: