The Thirty Minute Blogger

Exploring Books and the Writer's Life, Faith and Works, Culture and Pop Culture, Space Science and Science Fiction, Technology and Nostalgia, Parenting and Childhood, Health: Physical and Emotional ... All Under the Iron Hands of the Clock and That 30 Minute Deadline

Friday, October 7, 2011

Questing After Prince Valiant

I enjoy comics. I always have. Our paper (which shall remain nameless) recently removed Prince Valiant from the Sunday funnies. That showed appalling bad taste and perhaps dastardly thinking on their part if you ask me. I've read Prince V's adventures since I was a kid and I wasn't keen on giving up now. Few comics stick to the tradition of finely rendered detail like Prince V and none follows the storyline found there. So, I went questing over the Internet landscape, searching for the Misty Isles and England through the electronic hills and vales. I found it and once again enjoy the Prince's adventures. You can too, if you are a fan. Go to: http://www.oregonlive.com/comics-kingdom/?feature_id=Prince_Valiant

If these folks should turn into blighters who would remove the valiant Prince from their digital pages, I'll go questing again.

See you in the funny pages.

No comments: