The Thirty Minute Blogger

Exploring Books and the Writer's Life, Faith and Works, Culture and Pop Culture, Space Science and Science Fiction, Technology and Nostalgia, Parenting and Childhood, Health: Physical and Emotional ... All Under the Iron Hands of the Clock and That 30 Minute Deadline

Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Don Tapscott: Four principles for the open world

 With this vision of the future, what are the opportunities for us all to collaborate in the future? How can we harness all the possibilities to create together, using our combined brain power to improve life for us all? It appears that step one is to turn to our children for help since they are "digital natives" and the rest of us are "digital immigrants." Here's a moment when we really need the natives in this new world.

I can say that in a very small way I've been able to harness this technology. I've used Facebook to find friends I lost track of (much to my discredit) over the years since college. I currently have messages sent to two people I think may be friends I once knew. We'll see if they respond ... and how they respond if they do. This is a very minor use of technology, no where near as significant as those mentioned here.


If you like what you read here, you can support this blog (don't let me go it alone here): You can order a copy of the children's book Michael and the New Baby directly from Old Line Publishing at: http://www.oldlinepublishingllc.com/index_files/OldLinePublishingChildrensMichaelandtheNewBabybyJSBrooks.htm 




No comments: