Then something goes wrong. You go to upload App updates (which have happened seamlessly many times) and hit upload all, only then wondering if 10 uploads is too many at once. And you're stuck. All those little apps awaiting updates dim and a bar opens at the bottom of each app icon and says, "Waiting...". And you wait, and they wait, and nothing happens. It's stuck. After the initial panic, "Noooo, I've broken my new best digital friend," you start asking yourself what you can do.
Here's one solution:
- Go back to your full blown computer and bring up the iTunes program.
- Go to the Apps icon on the left and click on it.
- Upload all the App updates to your trusty computer
- Plug your stuck iPad to the computer (by the way, the other programs and features keep working so your beloved iPad is not dead ... keep telling yourself that)
- Synchronize the iPad to the computer.
- Your Apps should change from waiting, updating themselves from the computer
- Should any App refuse to upload updates this way, banish it from the iPad by holding your finger down on the App until the little X appears and the icons dance.
- Press the X, removing the App, and reload it. If you have paid for this App through the Apple Store, this will be remembered and you won't have to do it again.