The Thirty Minute Blogger

Exploring Books and the Writer's Life, Faith and Works, Culture and Pop Culture, Space Science and Science Fiction, Technology and Nostalgia, Parenting and Childhood, Health: Physical and Emotional ... All Under the Iron Hands of the Clock and That 30 Minute Deadline

Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Flipboard for Your Tablet

Graduating from seminary, I received an iPad from my parents. It opened up new and unexpected horizons for, but more on that in some other post. I picked up an app that I have found incredibly useful. It is called Flipboard and it's free (a big bonus in my book ... yeah I'm "penurious" too). Flipboard allows you to create your own personal, digital magazine filled with information and entertainment from the categories you choose to view. Facebook and Twitter posts are available on Flipboard, along with such categories as news, technology, photography, music, science, gaming, film, gear and gadgets, GeekWire, The Atlantic Wire, The New York Times, and a great deal more.

I have found that using Flipboard not only keeps me up on current trends, but I tend to receive news items between 12 hours and one week before I read or hear the story in other media. Flipboard makes great use of the vibrant screens on tablets, coming with full color photos to help keep the stories engaging. Frankly, Twitter never looked better

For bloggers, set up that Flipboard on your tablet next to your computer and browse for blogging ideas. Something interesting will show up in no time (just don't plagiarize man!).

For everyone else, it's a great way to cruise through masses of information pulled from a great many sources.  You'll be both well informed and entertained while using it. I would consider this one of the essential apps for your tablet ... and again, it's free.

If you have the time, take a moment to comment and let me know what subjects on Flipboard you chose that you found particularly helpful, informative, or in some other way wonderful. I'd like to know ... and try it myself.


If you like what you read here, you can support this blog (don't let me go it alone here): You can order a copy of the children's book Michael and the New Baby directly from Old Line Publishing at: http://www.oldlinepublishing.com/bookstore-marketplace/children-s-books/michael-and-the-new-baby/




No comments: