The Thirty Minute Blogger

Exploring Books and the Writer's Life, Faith and Works, Culture and Pop Culture, Space Science and Science Fiction, Technology and Nostalgia, Parenting and Childhood, Health: Physical and Emotional ... All Under the Iron Hands of the Clock and That 30 Minute Deadline

Friday, March 15, 2013

You Get Your Answers ... If You Live Long Enough

Back in the early 1980s, when men were experimenting with "perms," I went to a sci-fi movie and wondered why the main character had chosen to have the hair on the top of his head lightly curled. It seemed an odd choice, a choice that didn't add much to his heroic persona in my humble opinion.

Well, in 2013 I have the answer to that question from decades past. It wasn't a choice at all. Sadly, now I understand all too well. You see, the hair on top of your head will lightly curl as it thins out. When its compatriots abandon the high ground, the hair that's left decides to fill the space with little twists and ringlets. It dances around in the freedom of all that extra space. I'm roughly the age this actor was then and I know. My hair is doing the same thing.

Yeah, you live long enough and you get your answers ... whether you like them or not.


If you like what you read here, you can support this blog (don't let me go it alone here): You can order a copy of the children's book Michael and the New Baby directly from Old Line Publishing at: http://www.oldlinepublishing.com/bookstore-marketplace/children-s-books/michael-and-the-new-baby/

No comments: