- It's a very user friendly device, keeping your feet in contact with pedals so there is no pounding, making things easier on your legs and hips as well (more of a plus for people past their 20s and 30s ... you guys go pound the treadmill)
- Provides useful stress for the cardiovascular system, making the heart stronger ... which if you use the cardio workout also makes you work harder as time goes by and the stronger heart muscle is less impressed with your initial efforts (move faster).
- With the moving handles for your arms, the ability to pedal forwards and back (at the gym), you can workout both lower and upper extremities and lose weight (what's not to like).
- Develops strength and endurance (I can keep up with our enthusiastic beagle when she bolts out the door for a walk, a plus).
- Builds minerals in bones.
- REDUCES STRESS, improves mood, raises immune system, and fights obesity and all the ills that can come with it.*
Previous post in series: http://jsbrookspresents.blogspot.com/2013/04/adventures-in-fitness-13-one-guys.html