The Thirty Minute Blogger

Exploring Books and the Writer's Life, Faith and Works, Culture and Pop Culture, Space Science and Science Fiction, Technology and Nostalgia, Parenting and Childhood, Health: Physical and Emotional ... All Under the Iron Hands of the Clock and That 30 Minute Deadline

Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Applying Eye Drops Made Easy

I was going to give my 1000th blog post a lot of consideration and try to make it momentous. But, instead, I learned something really useful at the eye doctor's office today when I had my eyes dilated and retinas checked (they're perfectly fine by the way). If you are one of those people who have to struggle to get eye drops actually into your eyes because of ferocious blinking attacks as the medicated drops approach and fail after dripping those drops on your nose, cheek, and other useless locations, I have a procedure for you. It's simple and I believe it will be fool proof. Here are the easy steps to follow:


  1. Tilt your face up toward the ceiling.
  2. Close your eye (both if you need a drop in each eye).
  3. Unless very talented, have a friend or family member place a drop on the inside corner of your closed eye. The drop will stay in that natural little cup. 
  4. Without moving your head, open the closed eye.
  5. The drop resting in the inner corner of your eye falls into your eye when you open your lids. 
  6. Repeat as needed.
That's it. Simplicity itself. Everyone I've told this to says, "Of course!" But, none of them thought of it. Apply your eye drops in peace, blinking fit free, and enjoy your freshly medicated and newly soothed eyes and frayed free nerves.

There it is. Blog post 1,000. I chose a useful post as I've discovered that truly useful information is what is most often sought in Internet searches. I hope this helps.

If you like what you read here, you can support this blog (don't let me go it alone here): You can order a copy of the children's book Michael and the New Baby directly from Old Line Publishing at: http://www.oldlinepublishing.com/bookstore-marketplace/children-s-books/michael-and-the-new-baby/

No comments: