The Thirty Minute Blogger

Exploring Books and the Writer's Life, Faith and Works, Culture and Pop Culture, Space Science and Science Fiction, Technology and Nostalgia, Parenting and Childhood, Health: Physical and Emotional ... All Under the Iron Hands of the Clock and That 30 Minute Deadline

Sunday, May 12, 2013

Happy Mother's Day

Last October, I lost my Mom. ALS cut her life far too short. I miss her terribly and find myself wanting to speak with her and gain her insight in this period of my life every day. I take comfort in all the love and wisdom she has poured into me (and all our family) over the years, which I carry with me and treasure today.  My family keeps me strong, my faith informs me Mom is free now of all pain and sorrow, which is a comfort, and I will now turn my attentions to my wife, who is also a wonderful mother, and make this day special for her.

For all of you out there who have been blessed with wonderful mothers and still have them with you, give them a hug or a call today. Let them know how much you love them.


If you like what you read here, you can support this blog (don't let me go it alone here): You can order a copy of the children's book Michael and the New Baby directly from Old Line Publishing at: http://www.oldlinepublishing.com/bookstore-marketplace/children-s-books/michael-and-the-new-baby/

No comments: