The Thirty Minute Blogger

Exploring Books and the Writer's Life, Faith and Works, Culture and Pop Culture, Space Science and Science Fiction, Technology and Nostalgia, Parenting and Childhood, Health: Physical and Emotional ... All Under the Iron Hands of the Clock and That 30 Minute Deadline

Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Adventures in Fitness 17: One Guy's Attempt to Knock the Rust Off: Discipline and Determination

It's moment of truth time. Over the past 16 posts and many hours at the gym, I've learned a lot about myself. I've improved physically. I've discovered stress relief that has been a benefit to me, my family, my colleagues at work, and my friends.

Now, it's time to step up to the big leagues. It's time to rework my schedule and life priorities so that this exercise can become a regular feature of my week three times a week. I came to this decision last night, at the gym. I discovered that physical exercise can also positively impact your determination to do something or be something.

So, I've determined to bring discipline to my exercise, hitting the gym, the elliptical machine, and all the rest three times a week, every week. I'm taking this public as I need to keep myself to this schedule and it is far too easy to let it slide if I'm the only one who knows about it.

We'll see where that leads together. Anyone else willing to make that decision and declare it here? Who's up to the challenge?

See you at the gym.

For my previous adventure in fitness, see: http://jsbrookspresents.blogspot.com/2013/06/adventures-in-fitness-16-one-guys.html


If you like what you read here, you can support this blog (don't let me go it alone here): You can order a copy of the children's book Michael and the New Baby directly from Old Line Publishing at: http://www.oldlinepublishing.com/bookstore-marketplace/children-s-books/michael-and-the-new-baby/

No comments: