The Thirty Minute Blogger

Exploring Books and the Writer's Life, Faith and Works, Culture and Pop Culture, Space Science and Science Fiction, Technology and Nostalgia, Parenting and Childhood, Health: Physical and Emotional ... All Under the Iron Hands of the Clock and That 30 Minute Deadline

Friday, September 6, 2013

Thought Provoking Short Film and Post about the Syrian Situation

I'm sending you away today, dear readers. I'm under the ticking thirty minute clock and find myself with little to say this morning. So, rather than give you some puff piece, I'll let others do the speaking for me right now.

At NPR, you'll find a short, thought provoking film about how seriously all pervasive the cell phone has become in our lives. You might not like what you see. It hits pretty close to home. I'm glad it was phones and not iPads! Go see, and come back: http://www.npr.org/blogs/alltechconsidered/2013/09/05/219266779/our-cultural-addiction-to-phones-in-one-disconcerting-video?utm_source=NPR&utm_medium=facebook&utm_campaign=20130905

The second place I'm sending you is to a post appearing in the Red Letter Christian site by the "new monastic" Shane Claiborne. It is his take on the situation with Syria and what we as a nation should, and shouldn't, do about it. You'll find his article at: http://www.redletterchristians.org/shane-claibornes-statement-syria/

Both are worth your time and consideration. With any luck, I'll be back in form tomorrow.


If you like what you read here, you can support this blog (don't let me go it alone here): You can order a copy of the children's book Michael and the New Baby directly from Old Line Publishing at: http://www.oldlinepublishing.com/bookstore-marketplace/children-s-books/michael-and-the-new-baby/




No comments: