- The hour long show you're watching is roughly 20 minutes shorter than it should be according to what you saw ...
- The book you're reading just took a really weird plot twist ... as you drifted off toward dreamland. This is a very bad thing if you're studying for an exam!
- You've been on the same paragraph of said book for the last half hour. Give it up.
- You're driving in the rain and suddenly you see a man in front of you wearing a yellow rain slicker running down the road. You slam on your brakes (thankfully it's very late and you've got the highway to yourself) just before you realize it's not a man running at 55 miles an hour in front of you in a yellow raincoat but the reflection of the yellow gas station sign. You stop for gas, even if you don't need it.
- You mistake the "Lumber Yard" sign along the road for "Slumber Yard" and think it's a motel.
- You suddenly add a long string of "aaaaaaaa" to your blog post as you nod off, waking up only after leaving three lines of the letter across the screen.
- Reading in bed, you suddenly slam the book shut in front of your nose as you drift off (that was the last time I ever read a hard back book in bed).
- Debating with yourself over which cookie to select, unable to make a decision.
- Nearly falling out of your chair as you nod off while doing ... well, it doesn't really matter what you're doing at that point does it?
- Finally, walking into the restroom after many hours driving and seeing an out of order sign taped to a mirror over a sink and wondering "How can a mirror be out of order?"
Saturday, January 4, 2014
You Know You're Too Sleepy When ...
I'm sure you can come up with more. If any one or more of these is happening to you, give it up and go to bed. You'll feel better in the morning.