The Thirty Minute Blogger

Exploring Books and the Writer's Life, Faith and Works, Culture and Pop Culture, Space Science and Science Fiction, Technology and Nostalgia, Parenting and Childhood, Health: Physical and Emotional ... All Under the Iron Hands of the Clock and That 30 Minute Deadline

Saturday, May 24, 2014

Practical Use for Blog Posts ... Beyond the Online Read

I had never realized ... I'd never needed to ... that you could print out a single blog post. That opened a whole new world of possibility.

Over the years, I have created several blog sites for churches. I have found a practical use for some of those blog posts beyond the online read.

At the most recent blog site, I included a page with the church's history. For an upcoming event, I was asked to print out that page for use as a colorful information sheet to introduce newcomers to the church.

Later the same day, a distressed person seeking information on where to find food stopped by the church. I quickly printed off the post for her on local food banks and how to approach them. She left reassured that she would be able to find help.

Here's the post I was able to print out to help this individual in distress. It was wonderful to see the post take on a new purpose: http://www.lansdownebaptistchurch.blogspot.com/2014/03/food-assistance-in-lansdowne-and.html

No comments: