The Thirty Minute Blogger

Exploring Books and the Writer's Life, Faith and Works, Culture and Pop Culture, Space Science and Science Fiction, Technology and Nostalgia, Parenting and Childhood, Health: Physical and Emotional ... All Under the Iron Hands of the Clock and That 30 Minute Deadline

Sunday, July 20, 2014

Power of Friendliness

I stopped in the local convenience store this morning on my way in to church to preach. As I picked up what I needed and got into line at the register, I noticed something surprising. The cashier was a very friendly young man who seemed genuinely pleased to meet you and to do business with you. Each person was met with a smile, a polite greeting, and a friendly attitude.

I have to say, after that service with a smile, I left the store with a bit of a spring in my step. There was the simple power of a friendly smile. There was the power of another individual showing you that you matter.

This friendliness cost the employee absolutely nothing, gained him a far more enjoyable morning, and gifted everyone he met with a lifted spirit with which to face the day. I'll bet that friendly attitude was contagious.

If you see this post, it may also be lifesaving in some instances: http://jsbrookspresents.blogspot.com/2014/07/the-power-of-smile-suicide-prevention.html

No comments: