The Thirty Minute Blogger

Exploring Books and the Writer's Life, Faith and Works, Culture and Pop Culture, Space Science and Science Fiction, Technology and Nostalgia, Parenting and Childhood, Health: Physical and Emotional ... All Under the Iron Hands of the Clock and That 30 Minute Deadline

Thursday, July 10, 2014

Stress Relief Through Old Favorite Book Genre

Getting to know your way around a new career field is both fascinating and ... stressful. There is so much to learn, so many new reflexes to develop, so many strategies to employ. Fortunately, I was trained to take stress relief measures. Reading for pleasure is one such measure for me.

I wanted to return to a genre I had read long ago and not returned to in many years. However, having been away from the genre for so long ... I didn't have a clue who among the vast array of authors would be considered great introductions to the old field.

So, as one of my instructors used to say, "Just Google it!" I did. I searched for the top writers in that genre for the previous year. I took the resulting list of authors and books to the local library, picked out a couple that looked interesting, and the results were wonderful.

Stress dropped away, I met new authors with exciting concepts to pursue, and have been having great fun catching up to where the writers in this field are today. I highly recommend this form of stress relief.

Just Google it is a sound approach ... provided you ask the right questions.

Wishing you exciting explorations and happy reading for years to come.

From previous posts here, can you guess the genre? A coveted digital "No" prize for the first correct response!

No comments: