The Thirty Minute Blogger

Exploring Books and the Writer's Life, Faith and Works, Culture and Pop Culture, Space Science and Science Fiction, Technology and Nostalgia, Parenting and Childhood, Health: Physical and Emotional ... All Under the Iron Hands of the Clock and That 30 Minute Deadline

Monday, August 11, 2014

Sloggin' Thru Blogging: Referencing Your Own Posts

There are two points here:


  1. It finally happened: I've blogged long enough I've gone back hunting among my own posts for techniques for fixing something I posted on over a year ago. I was happy to find the information. I've found this a great use for the blog. If I want to remember a technique, I blog about it, knowing it is then on file for later referencing. 
  2. A handy technique to keep people engaged with your posts longer is to provide links to other similar posts of yours to be found elsewhere in your blog. That way, readers can move from one post to another with a simple click and stay with you longer. Perhaps they will become regular readers.
That's it. I have to run. I'm scheduled to visit with extended family today.

Good luck. Happy blogging!

No comments: