The Thirty Minute Blogger

Exploring Books and the Writer's Life, Faith and Works, Culture and Pop Culture, Space Science and Science Fiction, Technology and Nostalgia, Parenting and Childhood, Health: Physical and Emotional ... All Under the Iron Hands of the Clock and That 30 Minute Deadline

Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Never Again! Restaurant Reviews!!!

It's still a restaurant, just not the one
I reviewed for Sunday brunch.
NEVER AGAIN! I am done with restaurant reviews. I find some new little restaurant, like what they do, want to give them a supporting nod, and so I write a little review here. Now, being a small potatoes blog, I don't expect much to come of it ... but a number of people see it and I hope a few might just go and give the place a try. I don't do it often, but I enjoy it when I do.

But now I'm done. The last couple of restaurants I've reviewed have folded up their tents, closed their doors, and ceased to be. Now, I don't really feel I've cursed them ... and yet, with MY track record. Hmmmm.

I understand how tough the restaurant business is. Still, I'd rather not, not anymore. Fire Creek and Triton have both closed up shop, I'm sorry to say. I hate to see them go from their communities.

Good luck to all you restaurateurs everywhere. You are bold people following a worthy passion. I wish you well. 

No comments: