The Thirty Minute Blogger

Exploring Books and the Writer's Life, Faith and Works, Culture and Pop Culture, Space Science and Science Fiction, Technology and Nostalgia, Parenting and Childhood, Health: Physical and Emotional ... All Under the Iron Hands of the Clock and That 30 Minute Deadline

Thursday, April 23, 2015

Sloggin' Thru Blogging: Useful to Blogger

Hey new bloggers, here's a use for that blog you might not expect. I record a lot of different material here. This is a reflection of my life in some ways. The other day, I needed a reference to wabi-sabi, the idea from Japan that things less than perfect in condition are to be honored rather than trashed. I was delighted to find I had recorded the name and position of the speaker who introduced me to this idea. That information added richness to my public presentation and a connection with two listeners who knew the man personally. It was wonderful to have that recorded.

You never know when the material you put forward might be of use ... even to yourself, friend blogger. Keep writing.

No comments: