The Thirty Minute Blogger

Exploring Books and the Writer's Life, Faith and Works, Culture and Pop Culture, Space Science and Science Fiction, Technology and Nostalgia, Parenting and Childhood, Health: Physical and Emotional ... All Under the Iron Hands of the Clock and That 30 Minute Deadline

Monday, May 18, 2015

1941 Cadillac Sightings

On Friday and Saturday, I saw two examples of a car I had never seen before. It had the long body, high fenders, and rounded edges of 1940s design. It was distinctive and when I saw it the first day, what caught my eye most was an oval emblem on the front hood. It appeared to be raised wings with something in the center but I was too far away to make out that detail. The example I saw was a hard top.

The next day, my family was out on business and diverted to a car show for a few minutes. Behold, there was the same emblem on a large, streamlined convertible. It turned out to be a rare 1941 Cadillac. Speaking to the owner, I discovered only 400 were made (given the year, I'm not surprised) and that sighting these rolling rarities was not at all common. I felt fortunate to make my discovery and be able to identify what had been a mystery car to me, all in 24 hours.

Here it is ...
Photo courtesy of Madeline Snyder

Photo courtesy of Madeline Snyder

Photo courtesy of Madeline Snyder





If you want to see more, see: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-tjhLL3WC80 or https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhf2KMk2gGM

No comments: