The Thirty Minute Blogger

Exploring Books and the Writer's Life, Faith and Works, Culture and Pop Culture, Space Science and Science Fiction, Technology and Nostalgia, Parenting and Childhood, Health: Physical and Emotional ... All Under the Iron Hands of the Clock and That 30 Minute Deadline

Friday, October 16, 2015

Fall Beauty Intrudes

I spent a little quite time in a local cemetery today. I was waiting for a funeral party to arrive as the officiating pastor. As I waited, nature's beauty came sneaking into my preparations.

This colorful tree, boughs extending gracefully over many graves, was struck by late morning sunlight. It blazed with color. As I admired the view, capturing the moment with my cell phone camera, a red fox ran past, a blaze shooting through the grass.

During the graveside ceremony, a hawk called out twice from a nearby tree.

The air was still, the sun warm, the gathered crowd thoughtful amidst the quiet, gentle beauty all around us.
Can't decide which cropping I prefer ...

No comments: