The Thirty Minute Blogger

Exploring Books and the Writer's Life, Faith and Works, Culture and Pop Culture, Space Science and Science Fiction, Technology and Nostalgia, Parenting and Childhood, Health: Physical and Emotional ... All Under the Iron Hands of the Clock and That 30 Minute Deadline

Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Taxi Anyone?


Stopped at my usual station for gas this morning and was surprised by what was peeking around the side of the garage at me. A classic yellow Checker Cab, and it is for sale. If you've ever wanted one of these for your own, now is the time apparently. This may be one of the "A12 Marathons" introduced in 1961 and produced until 1982, but I could be wrong. I didn't inspect the cab that closely myself. While it called to me, I have no intention of owning such a venerable vehicle. Hey, if you can tell me more about this blast from the past, leave me a comment.


Enjoy, and happy motoring.

For another classic car captured, see: http://jsbrookspresents.blogspot.com/2015/05/1941-cadillac-sightings.html

No comments: