The Thirty Minute Blogger

Exploring Books and the Writer's Life, Faith and Works, Culture and Pop Culture, Space Science and Science Fiction, Technology and Nostalgia, Parenting and Childhood, Health: Physical and Emotional ... All Under the Iron Hands of the Clock and That 30 Minute Deadline

Monday, January 25, 2016

Christianity and Science: William Bragg's Observation

Courtesy of NASA
Anyone who has read my blog before knows I believe science and my Christian faith go hand in hand. I have little patience for the fundamentalists of all stripes who say it must be belief all in one or the other, science or faith. Nonsense, I say. I agree with Sir William Bragg who won the Nobel Prize in Physics in 1915. He stated:
Christianity and science are opposed but only in the same sense as that which my thumb and forefinger are opposed -- and between them, I can grasp everything.
Just make absolutely certain you've done your research when you attempt to use the wisdom from either sphere. Using the accumulated wisdom from science or Christianity without understanding will always lead to disaster.  

No comments: