The Thirty Minute Blogger

Exploring Books and the Writer's Life, Faith and Works, Culture and Pop Culture, Space Science and Science Fiction, Technology and Nostalgia, Parenting and Childhood, Health: Physical and Emotional ... All Under the Iron Hands of the Clock and That 30 Minute Deadline

Friday, January 1, 2016

Enjoying Beauty Wherever It May Be Found


Or in this case, whenever. Our dog, Daisy, the beagle, is now a venerable 15 years old. As such, she often needs to go out at earlier hours than we would like. While visiting family in the mountains, she and I needed to make a 3 in the morning trip outside. There I saw the lights of the city twinkling in the valley below us. It was a beautiful site that without Daisy's aging bladder and the right frame of mind I would have missed or never appreciated.

I wonder how often, wrapped up in the minutia of our lives, our schedules, and our emotions, we miss the beauty of the world around us, both natural and human-created? I'm trying to spend a little more time in appreciation of all that is around me, whenever I can. Hoping 2016 will be full of beautiful moments for you. 

No comments: