The Thirty Minute Blogger

Exploring Books and the Writer's Life, Faith and Works, Culture and Pop Culture, Space Science and Science Fiction, Technology and Nostalgia, Parenting and Childhood, Health: Physical and Emotional ... All Under the Iron Hands of the Clock and That 30 Minute Deadline

Monday, May 8, 2017

Hobby Time: N Scale Model by Gloor Craft

Alright, I have a decision to make. I have a N Scale wood model kit from Gloor Craft, Inc. of a single engine train shed. It seems Gloor Craft is no more. A long time back it seems I started this model and gave up, so it isn't in pristine condition. Still, it feels like an artifact. But not enough of one that Indiana Jones will show up proclaiming, "This belongs in a museum!"



It's been a long time since I've seen instructions for anything where the text was originally generated with a typewriter. That took me way back. As I examined the kit, surprised I still had it, I had to ponder the paint scheme instructions. What's going on with the complicated numerical code for colors like "red" and "black"? That seems a little weird to me.

Type from a typewriter takes me back ...

Why so complicated? 

Heck with it, I'm not collecting flotsam and jetsam of model railroading years gone by. I'm building kits and a railroad for stress relief and as an ongoing engagement in personal creativity. I'm building it. Just thought I'd let you all see it before I get started. If it turns out well, I'll show you all the results. First, I'm going to have to check to make sure all the bits and pieces are still there after the kit sat forgotten for many years. Wish me luck!
Are all the bits and pieces here???


No comments: