Among the possibilities are:
- Disaster Services: training neighbors to be prepared ... sounds very topical, especially for coastal and tornado zone people.
- Economic Opportunity: teaching financial literacy; promoting volunteer income tax assistance (VITA) and earned income tax credit; point in time count of people experiencing homelessness
- Education: organize a book and school supply drive; bring learning into service; organize a FAFSA training event
- Environmental stewardship: planting trees in your neighborhood
- Healthy Futures: organizing a fitness event; creating and expanding a community garden; educating your community about the new healthcare law; locating community health centers and sign-up for CHIP; teach healthy cooking and eating on a budget; helping kids make healthy food choices
- Veterans and Military Families: writing letters to the troops; holding a faith-based and community roundtable; hosting a stand down event for homeless veterans.